Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Belize Mission Trip in Pictures

  I arrived back home last night and I almost wish I was still in Belize.  Last week was one of the best weeks of my life. I learned more about myself and the world than I ever have before.  The devil tried so hard during the week to bring our team down but we overcame every obstacle we were faced with.  We did some amazing things in Belize and I can't wait to go on another mission trip.  There is so much I could say about the trip so I'm just going to try my best to show you through some of the pictures I took.

Some of the kids I played with during Vacation Bible School

Our team built a Sunday school classroom for the church we worked with.

The children there were so happy to see us and learn more about the love of God.

We started every morning with a tunnel for the children to run into the church through.

We drove through a Mennite community which was very interesting.  They live like the Amish.

This was the bathroom at the church we worked at. 

Every meal consisted of some form of chicken and rice.

This is a tamale.  I got very sick the night after eating this, as did a few others.  The devil tried to bring us down but we got right back up and kept serving!

We climbed to the top of many temples at the Mayan Ruins.


We swam in a lagoon in Lamani.

The bugs there were big and plenty. I don't think I will mind killing a small bug here anymore.

We went snorkeling in the barrier reef.  I even touched some stingrays in the water.

We woke up early enough on Caye Caulker to see the sunrise.

Sunday morning we took a water taxi back to Belize city and headed home.  

    There are many things I will not take for granted anymore after this trip.  I made a list of a few of them while on the bus one day. 

  • Clean water
  • Air condition
  • Being able to throw toilet paper in the toilet
  • Passing lanes on the road
  • Homes with good roofs
  • Easy transportation
  • Beef
  • Showering in warm water
    I'm sure I could list many more things but most importantly I will never take for granted God's love and protection.  I'm very blessed to live in America with all the material things we are fortunate enough to have, however God's love is greater than anything of the world.  The people of Belize were always so happy and friendly and they don't have half of what we have in America.  It was a great lesson in realizing that the only way we can be truly happy in the world is to follow God's plan for our life. I'm greatly looking forward to serving the Lord and sharing his love with even the people that live right around me.  

    If you want to read more about we did while in Belize, you can visit the Praying Pelicans website, here.  They posted a journal entry each day with pictures about our trip.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

#navbar-iframe { visibility:hidden; height:0px; display:none; }