Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Year One Down!

    Today was the last day of school for students.   This year has been pretty challenging so I can easily say that I'm glad it's over.  There are SO many things that I will be changing next year that I'm pretty excited about.  What I need right now though is a break from everything to do with teaching.  We have teacher workdays until Thursday and then I will be vacationing for at least a week.  I'm planning on visiting a friend from college and then going to the beach with a co-worker.  When I get back from the beach there are a lot of things I have still have planned for the summer.  One of the biggest things I am looking forward to is going on a mission trip in July to Belize.  A large group from my church will be going to do various things such a food ministry, building a classroom and vacation bible school. 
   Also in my agenda for the summer is to catch up on some leisure reading.  I've got a whole Pinterest board dedicated to books I want to read.  I've also been reading a book called "The Book Whisperer," which is making me want to read even more so that I can better recommend books to my students next year.  I also plan on spending some time getting back into shape by doing some running.  I ran a 5K a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed it.  I want to try to keep up with running so I can race.
   I guess what is most exciting about this summer is that I am completely free!  I don't have anything or anyone to tie me down.  No summer classes or boyfriend, so I'm really looking forward to a summer to myself. I want to take the time to relax and rejuvenate for another great year of teaching!
    Happy summer everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#navbar-iframe { visibility:hidden; height:0px; display:none; }