It is now the month of love and also time for another currently from Farley.
I am loving that both groups of my students have finished their literature circle novels. I read "Because of Winn Dixie" with my standard group and "Stepping on the Cracks" with my advanced group. This was the first time we completed a full novel in literature circles so it is a great feeling seeing them read all the way to the end.
Now I have to think about what novel to start next. "Where the Red Fern" grows is a possibility, as is "On my Honor." I'd love to hear what novel studies others have enjoyed reading with their sixth graders.
I'm really ready for this cold weather to go away. We haven't had a very harsh Winter but I still am ready for the days of short sleeves and capris. The worst weather we had so far was on one of our teacher workdays which is really sad because I needed that day! Our next teacher workday isn't till the end of this month and it will be filled with meetings.
My current pet peeve at school is students not turning in homework. I rarely give homework that I don't give time in class to finish. It amazes me that students STILL don't have it done. I am going to have to come up with some sort of system for students who continue not to turn it in on time. I had been doing silent/working lunch but that doesn't seem to phase them.
While is it the month of love, I thought I would also list 5 more things I am loving.
1) Being single. In the past I kept thinking that I had to have someone in order to be happy. Right now I am so content with myself that it is nice not having someone.
2) Chocolate Chip Kettlecorn. Yes, I LOVE it. It is by Popcorn Indiana and it tastes wonderful. I highly recommend it.
3) That I got my passport this week! I will be going on a mission trip to Belize this Summer and I absolutely can't wait.
4) Teacher friends. I am so thankful for all my teacher friends. I have so many at work and some that I still stay in touch with from college. Love you girls!
5) Youversion. Youversion is an awesome app on my iPhone I use that has daily bible reading plans. It even gives me reminders to read it everyday.