Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Classroom Tour

Today was my first teacher workday and I can honestly say that I am happy to be back. I work with some really great people and I'm excited to see what this year will bring. For the most part my classroom is finished, so here is a quick picture tour of my room.

 

These are the signs outside my door.  This year I am on the Grizzly Bear team! Last year I was a sea turtle but I'm liking the bear theme better. 



These are two filing cabinets pulled together to make a bulletin board. I am making this the space for my power pictures which is part of the Whole Brain Teaching model. 


My Instagram bulletin board which I am looking forward to displaying student work on.


Half of my classroom library.  This year I sorted by genre. I'll be interested in seeing how long they stay that way.


Posters above my library that describe the different literary genres. 


At the top of my wall is a timeline I will be using as we study ancient civilizations.


This is my front desk area for my laptop to connect with my smart board.  I also have an iHelp job chart posted.


This space will be used for student supplies. The drawers have everything from dry erase markers to scissors in them. 

I love this poster in my room. The kids use it all the time!  I haven't yet decided what to do with the magnet board I made beside of it. 


I used a small filing cabinet to make a little "office" in the back of my room.


I've already changed my room arrangement but I like that this allow me to have more space to walk around.

Tomorrow I have some more meetings and will start planning for the first quarter.  That is definitely what I am most excited for.  I like decorating my room but I'd much rather be prepared with what I'm teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#navbar-iframe { visibility:hidden; height:0px; display:none; }